Learn how to build and manage a carbon inventory
Identify and quantify the greenhouse gas emissions for your organisation in accordance with international accounting standards (GHG Protocol AS/ISO 14064.1-2006).
This course will help you develop the technical knowledge and business skills critical for the effective implementation of carbon accounting within your organisation.
Over 2 days (if you study face-to-face) or 4 evenings (if you study online) the course will take you though:
- The technical background to carbon footprinting
- Global warming potential and emissions scopes
- Accounting methodologies
- Overcoming data collection pitfalls
- Reporting; voluntary & compliance
- Standards and guidelines
- Capturing business benefits from intelligence tools
The hands on applied approach of this course ensures that you will develop the technical knowledge and the business skills critical for the effective implementation of carbon accounting. With support and instruction from our industry experienced instructors you will be guided through the workplace strategies for effectively overcoming obstacles and challenges often faced in the workplace.
I found the course very useful and applied it within a week of returning to my current role when preparing information for a client’s corporate sustainability report.”
This course is relevant to those who:
- Have a requirement (responsibility) to measure, monitor and report the greenhouse gas (carbon) emissions for their organisation
- Are assessing the direct or indirect impact of carbon pricing (tax) on their organisation
- Using or evaluating carbon accounting software but don’t understand the why, how and so what of its use as a business intelligence tool
- Are pursuing a reduction in greenhouse gas (carbon) emissions for corporate social responsibility objectives, triple/quadruple bottom line reporting or compliance purposes
Face to Face Classroom mode length: 2 Days,
Online mode length: 4 x weekly evening sessions of 1.5 hours
- Ecological footprinting v. Carbon footprinting
- Why footprint – how did we get here?
- Baseline and adjustments
- Emissions Legislation & Regulations
- NGERs*, EEO & Clean Energy Legislation
- GHG Scopes
- Introduction to Emissions factors
- Emissions factors in detail
- National Accounts Factors
- Measurement, Data Management & Reporting Tools
- Sector specific, cross sector, DIY, Commerical
- Data collection – techniques & practices
- Capturing and managing data in the workplace
- Uncertainly and Confidence Intervals
*NGERs covered generally, not to auditor level (for NGERs Audit Compliance Training click here)
Students undertaking the course receive:
- A structured program of delivery that meets strict accredited workforce training standards
- A learner guide complete with course materials case studies, toolkits & assessment tasks
- Classroom facilitation from industry experienced instructors
- Free access to a commercial grade carbon accounting tool for the duration of the course
* Eligibility subject to successfully completing the assessment requirements of the course
$654 + GST for the Online Course, and $895 + GST for the Face to Face course.
Participants wishing to gain a Statement for this course will need to complete a series of workbooks and undertake formal assessment. Students will have 30 days from completing their class attendance component of the course to commence their assessment for a Statement.
Course Pre-requisites: None
This course is currently run on demand. Please send your request to Bill McGhie, email@example.com, 0408 207 820 or see the calendar here
To purchase this course, please click the ‘purchase now’ button which will lead you to EcoProfit.com.au website where you may continue with the purchase.