Carbon Accounting & Carbon Offsetting Course
AUD $1,500.00 (+ GST)
Carbon Accounting & Carbon Offsetting two courses in one workshop.
Develop the technical knowledge and the business skills critical for the effective implementation of carbon accounting and carbon offsetting
The hand-on applied approach of this course ensures that you will develop the technical knowledge and the business skills critical for the effective implementation of carbon accounting and carbon offsetting. You will:
- Be guided through the workplace strategies for effectively overcoming obstacles and challenges often faced in the workplace.
- Develop a thorough understanding of carbon offsets in a market that is scaling up by the day (it is not only complicated to the inexperienced, there are associated risks ranging from misinformation to dealing with unreliable and untrustworthy suppliers).
This course is relevant to those who:
- Have a requirement (responsibility) to measure, monitor and report the greenhouse gas (carbon) emissions for their organisation
- Are assessing the direct or indirect impact of carbon pricing (tax) on their organisation
- Using or evaluating carbon accounting software but don’t understand the why, how and so what of its use as a business intelligence tool
- Are pursuing a reduction in greenhouse gas (carbon) emissions for corporate social responsibility objectives, triple/quadruple bottom line reporting or compliance purposes
- What is global warming?
- What are carbon emissions?
- GHG gases and their sources.
- The concept of global warming potential
- How are emission factors calculated (including input/output application)?
- The maths of carbon emission calculations to create a carbon footprint.
- Which carbon emissions should be included from the value chain.
- Identify and quantify the greenhouse gas emissions for your organisation in accordance with international accounting standards (GHG Protocol AS/ISO 14064.1-2006).
- The Climate Active rules for carbon footprint calculation.
- Carbon emission reduction strategies
- Energy audit and report review.
- The business case for carbon emission reduction including IRR analysis.
- History of Kyoto and the evolution of the carbon market.
- Australia’s carbon pricing mechanism in the context of the later re-labelled Emissions Reduction Fund.
- The structure of and players in the carbon market
- Methodology and offset project development.
- Buying and selling offsets, including strategic management of offset portfolios.
- The operation of emissions trading schemes.
- Other carbon instruments in the carbon market (including LRECs and SRECs).
- Latest developments in the global carbon market.
- NGERs covered generally, not to auditor level (for NGERs Audit Compliance Training click here).
Students undertaking the course receive:
- A structured program of delivery that meets strict accredited workforce training standards
- A learner guide complete with course materials case studies, toolkits & assessment tasks
- Classroom facilitation from industry experienced instructors
- Free access to a commercial grade carbon accounting tool for the duration of the course
* Successful completion of the course subject to meeting the assessment requirements of the course
Participants wishing to gain a Statement for this course will need to complete a series of workbooks and undertake formal assessment.
Course Pre-requisites: None
This course is currently run on-demand.
If you’d prefer to contact us via email please complete the form below: